Skip to main content

Thank you 2022!

After facing the global pandemic in 2020-2021, 2022 was a breath of fresh air for most of us. 

January 2022 started with my whole family getting infected by the omicron variant of COVID. We combinedly took a week to recover. January ended with me consulting a therapist for the first time ever after struggling around the fact of my dad’s demise for 8 months and also while celebrating my mom’s first birthday after my dad’s passing. February began with S and I celebrating our 8th meeting anniversary and us celebrating my mom-dad’s 31st wedding anniversary (again a first after dad’s passing) and ended with a refreshing trip to Rishikesh. March brought a little joy through Holi. Last week of March 2022, I started going to the gym and consciously trying to heal/get over my grief. April as always was one of the best months of the year. I celebrated my 30th birthday and then our 6th wedding anniversary. Also took a short trip to Jim Corbett. April was also special because Y started going to school. May was challenging. Most of the month was spent while arranging a memorial for my beloved father. My whole family and our friends came along to join us while we rejoiced our favorite memories about papa. The day of his death anniversary was toughest in particular, but I finally got to cry my heart out so all in all-it went well. May also brought in a new opportunity at work and I could not be more thankful for that. June began with a blast. We celebrated Y’s 3rd birthday with friends and family. Celebrated Father’s Day and my papa’s heavenly birthday with family. July began with Y going back to school after summer break. We also took a short but rejuvenating trip to Neemrana Fort. August began and proceeded with various birthday celebrations. September and October were the same, full of birthday celebration and festivities. Celebrated Karvachauth, Ahoi, Dusshera, and Diwali with a grateful heart and content soul. November called for a short trip to Vrindavan but mostly passed in a family wedding prep. Workwise November was super hectic but manageable. December began with a bang where we spent the entire first week participating and enjoying a cousin’s wedding. Christmas weekend was spent on a movie date with S. The last week of the month was very fulfilling workwise and now we are looking forward to celebrating new year whole heartedly.

All in all, 2022 was an eventful year for me. My 2022 resolution was to heal mentally/physically and for whole 2022 that’s all I tried to focus on. A lot of firsts happened to me in 2022. There were ups and downs but I learnt from all of that. Now, I am thinking about what I should focus on in 2023 but since I am still a work in progress and guess will always be; I am gonna stick to my 2022 goals and add few more which I can easily abide to. Not sure if I should challenge myself in 2023, may be I can take 2 resolutions: an easy one and a little tough one. But well, more than taking the resolutions, its important to abide by them so I gotta choose wisely.

Whats your new year’s resolution? Also, its okay if you don’t have one. Happy New Year!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Trip to Naani House

Y's naanu-naani stay approximately 500 kms away from us. Due to corona chaos, Y met them last when he was 8 months old. Now when corona started to fade a little bit, we decided to visit his other set of grandparents for the first time after his birth. We decided to take a long road trip since taking public transport still did not seem safe. The trip started at 9 in the morning, Y had just woken up but was thrilled to be put in the moving-car right away. He happily sat on his car seat and started glaring out of window. He was very calm and supportive for the first half of journey. Then, we took a halt and got down to have tea. Once taken out, he hated being back in the moving car. He started throwing fits and banging car door, the act lasted for 15-20 mins and ended with him asleep. The second half of trip after he woke up was rough. He was tired and cranky and just wanted to get out of the damn car. Anyhow, we reached at our destination by 5 in the evening. Now, Y refused to get in...

Positive Outlook

Having a positive outlook in life is crucial. Stress and negativity does more harm to us than we can ever imagine. I was under a lot of stress since my papa passed away. I even had anxiety attacks a couple of times. Things just did not make sense. I was always blaming myself or someone else for the situation I was in. The world seemed pale. I always felt either sad or mad and dragged myself to function every day activities. Some days were better than others but most were cruel. I have hardly ever been this anxious and stressed earlier in my life so I did not have an idea how it feels but now I somewhat know how it does. It feels like as if you are caged in our own thoughts, you try but you can’t get out of what your mind is consistently thinking. We, as a society, don’t take mental health seriously but our body actually cannot differentiate between mental and physical trauma. I struggled but eventually took over my anxiety issues and the following things helped me the most: Talk, talk,...

A Thing or Two About Parenting

The other day we took our 2 year old (referred as Y, hereafter) to the society park for outdoor play. He was enjoying himself until an unknown 1.5 year old came and hugged him out of the blue. Y got intimidated by this overwhelming gesture and pulled the li'l boy away but the li'l boy did not give up and the event ended up with Y crying out loud. My mother was looking at all this drama as she had accompanied us to the park. When Y started crying, she said, "arre, why are u scared of such a small baby. He is just hugging you. Come on, don't be so shy". Just so that you know, Y is usually very clingy. He hugs and kisses us all the time. Now, I am not a parenting expert and I love and respect my mother a lot but my child is not someone to be judged. He must have the freedom to express. If he was intimidated by that hug, he had right to oppose and react in whatever way he wanted to. Y is 2 years old, thats how the 2 year olds are. Y is learning to handle and express h...