We recently took a week-long trip with Yuvaan, and following are our best memories from the trip:
- Y was so happy to sit in a real train for the first time. So happy that he could not sleep till 12 in the night. We were travelling in second AC so other co-passengers had to listen to Y’s non-stop blabbering and songs. Some tried to scare him but all in vain. Y only slept when he felt like.
- In Mumbai, when we tried to hire an auto for a short distance, autovalas kept denying. I was holding Y in my arms and S was trying to get hold of autovalas. Y noticed our continuous struggle/rejections and started crying on the top of his voice. When I asked him what’s wrong, he said, “saare uncle ki pitti karunga, ye gande hain”. Thankfully, one autovala gave us a ride after that. But while in Mumbai, Y kept saying, “Uncle, stop!” to autovalas and kept making sad faces when they did not stop. He also kept suggesting us to get our car out from the parking (which was in Indirapuram).
- I was so excited to show Y the sea. When we took him to Marine drive, I said, “look, big-big sea”. Y said, “wow! Big pool! Ab naha karenge ismein”. When we said no to his bathing idea, he got angry, stopped looking at the sea and said, “ghar chalo phir”.
- He started missing his grandparents from first day onwards. He kept asking us to go back home. Whenever we took a cab, he said, “ab ghar chalenege na”? He also missed his school and friends and kept asking us to take him back to them.
- When we entered the airport, Y was scared to see a new kind of set-up. He clanged to me. Soon, we had to check-in our baggage. Y hated that idea of leaving the bags behind. He kept crying for 10 minutes straight when we had to let the bags go. I kept explaining that we will get our bags back, but he wanted the bags to get in the plane with him only.
- Y loved the take off and landing. We thought he would be scared but he was not; he was rather thrilled. At the baggage claim, he was happy to get his bags back. He wanted to stroll his bag himself. Since his bag was big, I kept asking him to give it to us but of course he did not listen to me. S then approached a CISF man and requested him to ask Y to let us stroll the bag. The man did as we requested but rather than listening to him, Y got mad at him and ran to do his “pitti”. All of us could not stop laughing.
When we planned this trip, I was a little skeptical since Y had to miss school for a week for this but after being on this trip, I clearly have realized how wonderful the outside-classroom learning is. Y had so many firsts on this trip. He also stayed away from me for 2 whole days while I went to attend my office. Y gel-ed up so well with our friends whom he met for the very first time. He made amazing memories and shared beautiful moments with us to cherish for lifetime.
Comments