I had a wonderful pregnancy with very little complains. I was working the whole time, had super caring colleagues at work, and an amzingly supportive family back home. Above all that, i had an always-smiling, knowledgeable, and comforting gynaecologist. I never actually worried about the delivery part until 38 weeks of gestation period but after that i was always panicking, overthinking, or crying.
I did not have any labor pains until almost 40 weeks. Since baby and I both were getting huge, my doctor suggested to induce labor. Frankly, i was way too scared to deliver my baby vaginally and just wanted to get it done by c-section. People who really know me, know that i am not good friends with "patience" but "impulsiveness" is my best buddy. But, since my doctor had faith and suggested so, i decided to get induced.
We left home totally prepared. My husband and mother in law accompanied me. We were cracking jokes all the way, i was nervous but just wanted to get done with it at that time. I remember entering the hospital and thinking that by the time i will be getting out of this hospital, i will have the baby in my arms. That thought gave me immense courage and strength.
We reached hospital and after some formalities, my doctor came and administered the medication for labor induction. I can never forget, how she caressed my hair while ensuring that i will be fine. Till some extent i started to feel that i might have a vaginal delivery.
The night was long. I had pains, contractions, and discomfort but there was no dilation of cervix. My mother in law and husband kept pressing my legs and back. I have always been emotionally close to my husband but i really came 10x closer to my mother in law in that one night. She was consistently there for me. I will always love her for that. The situation stayed consistent until 8 in the morning when my doctor came on the round. She was ready to give another dose of induction medication but i was too tired already. I asked her to perform a c-section. She being the sweetheart that she is, tried to explain that i should not lose hope and try for a vaginal delivery but again people who know me, know that i am a fan of "stubbornness" . I stood on my grounds and asked for a c-section. The doctor did not push us further and agreed. I had an elective c-section and i will never feel ashamed of it.
I was elated while entering the operation theatre. Surprisingly, i was only 5 percent nervous and 95 percent game; very excited to meet the little one. My spinal anesthesia was administered well and i lost senses in my lower body. I must have been cut; the next thing i remember is two doctors pushing on my baby bump, trying to move the baby down, i guess. The operation took slightly longer than usual; apparently baby's head revolved and went up while taking pains and hence it took longer to get him out safely.
That day, on that OT table, for those 30-40 minutes, i could see the nine months of pregnancy flashing in front of my eyes like a power point presentation. My day dreaming came to an end when i heard the baby cry. We, the mothers, around the world, know that there is no sweeter sound than the first cry of a newborn.
I don't know whether it was his cry, dip in my hormones, raise in my emotions, or end of the nine-months' wait; i started crying. My doctor must have been stitching me up at that time. She asked me twice if i was okay. I assured her that i was. I was fine. I was happy. I was content. I was relieved. I was the best of everything. How could i feel anything less; I became a mother at that moment.
No matter how hard our pregnancy is, how long the labor goes, whether we deliver them vaginally or abdominally; when we finally look at their swollen-pink faces, everything makes sense. I can never forget that first glimpse of Yuvaan. At that moment, he was no longer a part of my body but he had acquired my heart for life.
Comments
Yuvaan is really blessed to have a Mother like you. May you guys stay Happy and Healthy always ❤️
❤❤❤❤❤
Brave and proud mother!!!